2 Days In-person Class Buttercream Cakes and Decorations
August 19 @ 7:30 am - August 20 @ 4:30 pm$448
Join us for this weekend’s workshop to learn basic assembly and decoration techniques for buttercream cakes. During the two days, each student will assemble and decorate two 6″ cakes with buttercream roses and succulents. Examples of the cakes are as pictured :
On day one, students will first learn how to split, fill, mask and ice cakes. Proper mise en place for the cake assembly and tool selections will be discussed during the demonstration. Next, students will practice on making two types of flowers: apple blossoms and roses. On day two, students will practice making three different types of succulents using the techniques learned from the previous day as well as decorating two cakes by the end of the day 2.
The cake bases and the buttercream will be prepared in advance in order to focus more on the specific decoration techniques during the workshop. The mixing and baking of the cake bases and the making of the buttercream will be demonstrated as well.
•Hands On / Demonstration
• Golden Chiffon Cake
• Swiss Buttercream
• Cake Assembly
• Split, Fill, Mask
• Final Icing
• Buttercream Flowers
• Apple blossom
• Double color rose
•Hands On / Demonstration
• Buttercream Succulent
• Final Assembly
• Buttercream cactus and leaves
Due to the new policy by the health department, please wear a face mask, and keep 6 feet apart from other people. We will check the temperature every morning when you come into the building.
The class will begin at 7:30 AM on the first day then 7:00 AM the 2nd day.. We will have breakfast pastries and Lunch box ready for you 30 minutes before class starts. (if you have any special diet please let us know in advance) We also welcome you to bring your own drink. Let us know if you have any questions feel free to contact: CustomerService@sfbi.com
Please note our cancellation policy.
Any notice of cancellation or transfers must be made in writing.
• More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date, Deposits will be reimbursed in full, minus a $45 cancellation fee o Transfers will be made at no charge; transferred deposits are non-refundable.
• Less than 6-3 weeks prior to the course start date: If canceling, the original deposit is non-refundable. If transferring classes, a $100 penalty fee will be subtracted from the deposit and the remaining deposit will be applied to the transferred class to reserve a spot. Transferred deposits are non-refundable.
• 2 weeks or less before the course start date Deposits are non-refundable No transfer will be granted.
• In the unlikely event of instructor illness or insufficient enrollment, SFBI will notify students by phone or email at least 10 business days before the scheduled start of a canceled class. In this case, students will receive a full refund of their tuition payment or may apply unused funds toward an alternate class. SFBI is not responsible for any hotel or airline fees that may incur in case of a canceled class. We recommend contacting SFBI to confirm enrollment before booking a trip to San Francisco.
Listed below are the items you must bring to class.
•Pens or pencils. You will use these to take notes in the classroom and the lab.
•Permanent marker. This piece of “equipment” is invaluable in the labs.
•Hair restraint. For safety and sanitation, you must restrain your hair if it’s long.
•Closed-toe, comfortable shoes. Your shoes must be closed for safety. They should be comfortable enough to stand in all day.
•For safety, your pants must cover your entire legs. For your comfort, we recommend breathable pants. Checked chef’s pants are popular because they don’t show flour spills or stains.
•White chef’s coat. This is optional item. We strongly recommend chef’s coats because they look professional and protect your body and clothing. Most importantly, they keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot.
We suggest that you dress in layers. Your chef’s coat (optional), with a t-shirt for your base layer and a long-sleeved shirt for warmth, should keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot. You may want to bring a sweatshirt or fleece for the mornings.
There is parking at our location.
The address of SFBI is:
525 DNA Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080