Made properly, layer cakes can be incredibly delicate or decadent and extraordinary beautiful. Learn a variety of cake mixing methods, creams, and fillings to make a beautiful layer cake, as well as how to troubleshoot problems.
Hands-on: Carrot cake, peanut butter chocolate cake, Sachertorte, black forest cake, Gateau opera and more.
Terms and Conditions: Please read carefully. All registrant must agree to our terms and conditions prior to registering for a class.
Check in: Following the Health Department Policy and new protocols, our in-person classes are now open for fully vaccinated students. We continue to adjust our procedures and safety measures to address the ever changing COVID situation, to support the safety of both our students, visitors and our team members. As of September 3, 2021 and until further notice we will be observing the following measures: All in-person classes will require proof of full vaccination before entrance to the classroom, Bring your vaccination card, photo, showing clearly your name, vaccination date, and type – Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson. No card vaccination will be stored by SFBI. -We will take your temperature everyday – Masks are required for everyone inside the facility: staff, students, visitors. If you have any concerns or questions before traveling to SFBI, email us at: email@example.com we want to make sure you have the best experience while learning here. That you feel safe and comfortable.
The classes will begin at 7:30 AM the first day and at 7:00 AM after the first day.. We will have breakfast pastries ready for you 30 minutes before class starts. Lunch is simple but healthy (if you have any special diet please let us know in advance and you are welcome to bring your own food and drink. Let us know if you have any questions.
Any notice of cancellation or transfers must be made in writing.
• More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date, payments will be reimbursed, minus a $150 cancellation fee. Payments transferred to another class will be made at no charge; however transferred payments are non-refundable.
• Less than 6-3 weeks prior to the course start date: If canceling, the original payment is non-refundable. If transferring to other classes, a $100 penalty fee will be subtracted from the deposit and the remaining payment will be applied to the transferred class to reserve a spot. Transferred payment is non-refundable.
• 2 weeks or less before the course start date payments are non-refundable No transfer will be granted.
• In the unlikely event of instructor illness or insufficient enrollment, SFBI will notify students by phone or email at least 10 business days before the scheduled start of a canceled class. In this case, students will receive a full refund of their tuition payment or may apply unused funds toward an alternate class. SFBI is not responsible for any hotel or airline fees that may incur in case of a canceled class. We recommend contacting SFBI to confirm enrollment before booking a trip to San Francisco.
Listed below are the items you must bring to class.
Pens or Pencils. You will use those to take notes in the classroom and the lab. Permanent marker. This piece of “equipment” is invaluable in the lab. Hair restraint. For safety and sanitation you must restrain your hair if it is long.
• Wear Closed-toe and comfortable shoes. Your shoes must be closed for safety. They should be comfortable enough to stand in all day.
•For safety, your pants must cover your entire legs. For your comfort, we recommend breathable pants. Checked chef’s pants are popular because they don’t show flour spills or stains.
•White chef’s coat. This is optional item. We strongly recommend chef’s coats because they look professional and protect your body and clothing. Most importantly, they keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot.
There is parking at our location.
The address of SFBI is:
525 DNA Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080