In this 2-day puff pastry class, you will learn to make not one but two different types of puff pastry doughs, a number of products using the doughs, fillings and various finishing techniques. We have fine-tuned our technique of hand-laminating puff pastry, making it more approachable to the home baker. We will teach you to make Blitz puff pastry (also called “rough puff pastry”) and classic puff pastry. Finished products include Galette de Rois, Pop tarts, Palmiers, Pissaladiere and Napoleon.
Each student will be laminating their own doughs and using that in making all these products. If you are looking to broaden your knowledge, this class offers a great opportunity to add several products and techniques to your baking repertoire.
The class will begin at 7:30 AM on Thursday morning and at 7:00 AM Friday. We will have breakfast pastries ready for you 30 minutes before class starts. (if you have any special diet please let us know in advance) We also welcome you to bring your own drink. Feel free to contact: email@example.com
Any notice of cancellation or transfers must be made in writing.
- More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date, payments will be reimbursed, minus a $150 cancellation fee. Payments transferred to another class will be made at no charge; however transferred payments are non-refundable.
- Less than 6-3 weeks prior to the course start date: If canceling, the original payment is non-refundable. If transferring to other classes, a $100 penalty fee will be subtracted from the deposit and the remaining payment will be applied to the transferred class to reserve a spot. Transferred payment is non-refundable.
- 2 weeks or less before the course start date payments are non-refundable No transfer will be granted.
- In the unlikely event of instructor illness or insufficient enrollment, SFBI will notify students by phone or email at least 10 business days before the scheduled start of a canceled class. In this case, students will receive a full refund of their tuition payment or may apply unused funds toward an alternate class. SFBI is not responsible for any hotel or airline fees that may incur in case of a canceled class. We recommend contacting SFBI to confirm enrollment before booking a trip to San Francisco.
Listed below are the items you must bring to class.
- Pens or pencils. You will use these to take notes in the classroom and the lab.
- Permanent marker. This piece of “equipment” is invaluable in the labs.
- Hair restraint. For safety and sanitation, you must restrain your hair if it’s long.
- Closed-toe, comfortable shoes. Your shoes must be closed for safety. They should be comfortable enough to stand in all day.
- For safety, your pants must cover your entire legs. For your comfort, we recommend breathable pants. Checked chef’s pants are popular because they don’t show flour spills or stains.
- White chef’s coat. This is optional item. However, we strongly recommend chef’s coats because they look professional and protect your body and clothing. Most importantly, they keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot.
There is parking at our location. The address of SFBI is: 525 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080